Quraz offers secure, clean and convenient storage facilities in inner-city locations throughout Japan.
- Features include:
- 24 hour access, 365 days per year
- Temperature and humidity control
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite staff (typically 10am to 5pm, 7 days per week)
- Variety of unit sizes (typically ranging from 1sqm to 10sqm)
- Minimum contract period of only one month
ENGLISH SALES ASSISTANCE
Unfortunately, our sales staff can only speak Japanese, however we can respond to written inquiries in English sent via the contact form below (response typically within 1 or 2 business days).
Note beforehand, in order to rent a storage unit, you must provide us one of the following items as ID:
- Japanese driving license
- Japanese health insurance card
- Resident card (issued to foreign nationals residing in Japan)
Passports or international driving licenses CANNOT be accepted as a form of ID
UNIT SIZE AND PRICE
Prices vary by location and unit size. Specific prices are available in the Japanese section of the website.
Below are some general guidelines on how prices vary by region and unit size.
|Shinjuku - Ikebukuro
|Shibuya - Meguro
|Tachikawa - Hachioji
|Osaka - Nagoya
|Yokohama - Kawasaki
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions.
- Signing up
Step 1: Contact us and schedule a site visit
Unfortunately we do not have English speaking sales staff, however you can use the English contact form to inquire about your storage requirements (location, space etc.). We typically respond within 1 or 2 business days. Once you have decided on a facility and unit size, we will schedule an appointment for a site visit.
Step 2: Site visit
Our onsite staff will give you a facility tour and show you available units for you to choose from. Again our staff only speak Japanese, but we have basic printed guidelines available in English at all facilities.
Step 2: Sign-up
Once you have chosen a unit, you can sign up and start using immediately. The sign up procedure typically takes 15-30minutes. You will need to bring the following four items to complete a storage unit rental contract:
- Identification: Japanese driving license, Japanese health insurance card or Resident card (note that passports or international driving licenses CANNOT be accepted as a form of ID).
- Emergency contact number: phone number of another person residing in Japan, for use in emergency situations only.
- Initial payment: (cash or credit card, please see Payment section below for details).
- Cash card (ATM card) for ongoing payments: Quraz recommends that you make ongoing monthly payments by bank deduction. To facilitate this, please bring your Japanese bank ATM card. Ongoing payments can also be made by cash or bank transfer but NOT credit card. See Payment details below for details.
- Use of facilities
After signing-up, you can access your storage unit 24-hours a day, 365 days per year. We will provide you with a security access card and a 4 digit PIN of your choice.
Security card & PIN
When you enter/leave the Quraz building and use the elevator, please hold your key card over a card reader. Some entrances will also require you to enter your PIN.
Storage unit lock
Your storage unit is locked with a padlock for which only you hold the key. You will receive a new padlock during sign-up but customers are free to use their own locks if preferred.
Trollies are available at all Quraz facilities for use within the facility. Please return it to the original location after use.
Free parking is available at all facilities (exception – Quraz Hachobori does not have parking).
Initial payment at sign-up (cash or credit card)
Initial payment is collected during the sign-up process and can be paid by either cash or credit card. The amount required for initial payment is calculated as follows:
- Rent for the move-in month (on a pro-rate basis) + rent for the following month (full month rent) + 2,300 yen (tax excluded) for the security card and padlock.
The following payment methods are available for ongoing monthly payments. Note that credit cards cannot be used for ongoing payments, only initial payment during sign-up.
|If you apply for bank deduction, monthly rent will automatically be deducted from your bank account. Deduction occurs on the 26th of each month for following months’ rent (Example – February rent is deducted on January 26th). If 26th is a holiday, deduction will occur on the next business day.
If the deduction fails to process, please pay by bank transfer or by cash at the facility.
To apply for direct debit, please bring your ATM card when signing up.
||You can also pay ongoing rent by bank transfer or wire. Bank account details are provided on your contract form. Deadline for payments is the 15th of each month for the following months’ rent (Example – February rent is due by January 15th).
Any bank fees or charges must be paid by the remitter.
||Ongoing rent can also be paid by cash directly at Quraz facilities during business hours (note business hours vary by facility). Deadline for payments is the 15th of each month for the following months’ rent (Example – February rent is due by January 15th).
Please refer to your contract form for details of your monthly rent.
If you pay late
If payment cannot be confirmed by the last day of the month for which payment is due, a late fee (typically about 500yen) will be charged. Also your security card will become invalid, and you will lose access to your facility and unit until payment is confirmed.
- Moving out
Moving out notice
Quraz rental contracts are month-to-month. To terminate a contract, a move out notice must be provided 1 calendar month before the last day of the contract (Example – to move out in February, a move out notice must be sent by January 31st). Move-out is deemed complete when we confirm your unit is vacated and emptied. You can fill out a move out notice at the facility or use the online inquiry form to give notice.
Rent for the move-out month will not be pro-rated even if you vacate the unit in the middle of the month.
Vacating your unit
Please make sure to take out all items stored in the unit and remove your padlock. You can dispose of your security card.
- If the unit is not emptied of all items by the scheduled move-out day or if trash is left behind in the unit, the contract shall be renewed and you need to pay the rent for the following month.
Cancellation of move-out
Please use the inquiry form to notify us of your intention to cancel a move-out notice, and pay the rent for the following month by the end of the month in which such payment becomes due.
- Quraz insures your personal property against fire and theft. Coverage varies depending on unit size and ranges from JPY200,000 for our smallest unit to JPY1,200,000 for our largest units. Details are provided in your sign up package.